You will need the following tools:
- Press jaws for pressing u-shaped bottom stops in sizes RT0, RT10 or RT20
- Multi purpose pliers that operate the press jaws
The bottom stop is placed to the front side of the zipper, where the spiral chain is located. The 4 prongs close to each other on the back, where only the ribbon can be seen.
1. Insert the bottom stop under the elastic pin.
2. Place the zipper between the press jaws.
3. Press the press jaws together.
4. Open the pliers. Then pull the zipper out to the front and thus down from the elastic pin.
||German zipper type
|≈ 4 mm
|≈ 6 mm
|≈ 8 mm